Amity Institute of Biotechnology (AIB) was established in the year 2001. Over the years the Institute has seen exponential growth and has cemented its credentials both in the field of Teaching and Research. Our vision has been to impart quality education to budding biotech professionals and also foster strong interdisciplinary Research in frontier areas of biotechnology. Currently a team of 112 highly qualified and dedicated faculty members form the backbone for teaching and research endeavors at AIB. Faculty members involved in teaching and research at AIB have been trained in reputed institute not only in India but also worldwide.
AIB currently offers 16 academic programmes. The curriculum is designed keeping in view industry requirements as well as international standards. We also have International collaborators such as University of Abertay, University of Dundee, New Castle University have been involved in designing of syllabi to meet the ever changing scenario in biotechnology. Apart from providing in depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects the students are provided with additional training in soft skills and foreign language, opportunities to explore extracurricular activities and mandatory military training provide a holistic and enriching experience to students. The institute also offers opportunities to students for Study Abroad Programs as well as 3 continent programs. Faculty members at AIB are involved in interdisciplinary research in frontier areas such as cancer, natural and synthetic therapeutic agents, Bioprocess Technology, Bioremediation, algal biotechnology, Bioinformatics to name a few. The grant of research activities includes Projects, Patents, Publications and commercialization products.
- 8 of our faculty members and 3 research scholars have been selected to participate in the prestigious and competitive courses at the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Cambridge, UK. (See Details).
- Our PhD students, Mr Sam Joy and Ms Anwesha Khanra have qualified CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship (2018).
- 2 SERB – NPDF fellows (Dr Alok Kumar Gupta & Dr Gurminder Kaur) and one DST-INSPIRE Faculty (Dr Rajpal Srivastav) have joined the Amity Institute of Biotechnology recently.
- Dr. Aarti Sharma has been awarded a DBT sponsored BIG BIRAC project funding of Rs. 45 Lakhs. She also got Advanced Training Centre Corporate Partnership Programme Fellowship from EMBO ( European Molecular Biology Organisation)
- Dr. Seema Bhatnagar has been granted 2 patents and Dr. Monalisa Mukherjee has been granted 1 patent since January 2018.
- Dr. Biswajit Saha has received Humboldt Research Fellowship, Germany.
- 15 faculty members have received International /National travel grant for presenting in conference from Welcome Trust/DST/DBT/ICMR/Other Govt. funding agencies.
- More than 20 faculty members have attended International conferences.
- 30 faculty members have attended 52 FDPs.
- More than 50 faculty members have Govt. Funded Research Projects from various funding agencies viz. DST, DBT, CSIR, ICMR etc.
- Dr. V. Pooja has been granted research funding by German Multinational BayerAG on her project "Target specific lead compound identification and validation for the MPI based bio-pesticides effective against pathogenic fungal strains".
- Dr. Monalisa Mukherjee has been granted patent on her work "Regiospecific oxidation of carbon-metal bonds of organometallic compounds using chiral iron (III)-salen complexes as catalyst".
- Dr. V.Pooja has been awarded 100% scholarship from Bill and Melinda Gates foundation to present her work in Keystone Symposia on 21st Century Drug Discovery in Berlin, Germany.
Students Achievement (UG & PG)
- Ms. Parul Chugh, a student of B. Tech. Biotech. VI Semester has been selected in the prestigious “Khorana Program”. Ms. Parul is placed in the University of Wisconsin.
- Ms. Anwesha Khanra has been selected amongst 15 Indian students for the IGCS Summer School 2016 on the topic: "Biomass and Coal-Two Carbon Fuels of Different Ages: German and Indian Perspectives" to be held during 09 July to 18 July 2016 at TU Berlin. She will get full fellowship including travel, accommodation and DA to attend this program.
- Mr. Abhishek Arora, student of B.Sc. Medical Biotechnology, got admission in Oxford University with 100% scholarship.
- Mr. Sriram, student of M.Tech. Biotechnology, got admission in Univ. of Queensland.
- Pallavi Tyagi got the Ist prize for Poster Presentation at IIT Delhi Annual Technical Fest, 2016 and IIT Roorke Annual Technical Fest(18-20 March 2016).
- Two students have got TWC, USA scholarship.
- Meghana Parik, student of B.Tech Biotechnolgy selected for Young India Fellowship. She is also AFCAT, GATE qualified.
- Harmeen Kohli, a scholarship holder at Amity university, got selected for M.Sc biotechnology, at Northumbria University, NewCastle, London.
- Shubham Bansal got GATE AIR 19, and got selected for admission in IIT Kharagpur.
- Sanjana Singh got selected in University of Illinois, Chicago.