Amity Universities are fully Government Recognised:
- Recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Amity Universities and the Degrees awarded by them are recognized by the UGC
- Letter of UGC on Recognition of Amity University
- Amity University is a full fledged university and not a deemed university.
Established by the State Government
- Amity University Uttar Pradesh Act has been notified by Govt. Notification No. 403/VII-V-I-I (Ka) I.
- Amity University Rajasthan Act has been notified by Govt. Notification No. F.2 (10) VIDHI/2
- Amity University is listed in the official website of Government of Uttar Pradesh http://upgov.nic.in
Approval by AICTE
As per law, Universities do not require AICTE approval. Only institutions which are affiliated to Universities require approval. As Amity University is a Bonafide University established by a State Act, it does not require AICTE approval. This standing of law is notified in the case of Bharathidasan University Vs AICTE. [Click Here] to view copy of the relevant judgement
Wherever recognition by Statutory Bodies is required or mandatory, Amity University has obtained the recognition/approval. The following statutory bodies have recognized Amity University:
- Law Programmes accredited by Bar Council of India
- Architectural Programmes accredited by Council of Architecture
- Educational Programmes accredited by National Council of Teachers Education
- Distance Education Programmes accredited by Distance Education Council
- Amity University has been recognized as a Scientific and Research Organisation by DISR, Ministry of Science Technology, Government of India.
Ministry of HRD
The response of the Ministry of HRD in the Lok Sabha on the recognition of Amity University:[Click here]
United Nations Listing
Amity University is included in the list of Universities maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU). [Click here] to see the list
Eligibility of Amity University Degrees For National And International Tests For Higher Education
Like any UGC recognized Degrees of any University in India, students passing out from Amity University are eligible to sit in examinations like GATE, CAT, UPSC, GMAT, GRE, JRF etc.
Examples are given below:
For GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Examination) conducted by IITs in India, the code for Amity University is UP-011.
Many students of Amity University take part in this examination every year. One of the Amity B.Tech. Students Ranked 13 at National Level in this year's GATE, and has joined M.Tech Aerospace Engineering Program at Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore on a Scholarship. GATE Website: http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in
Eligibility for CAT is a Bachelor Degree with at least 50% marks from a University established by Central or State Act.
As Amity University is a University established by the State Government, students are eligible for CAT and every year students of Amity participate in the CAT Examination.
Eligibility to sit in the UPSC examination is a Degree from a recognized University or equivalent. Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams. Amity university students are eligible to sit in UPSC.