The Training Area for the Camp is in the close vicinity of the tented accommodation .Participants will be required to walk to the place of training.
TRAINING AND SPORTS INFRASTRUCTURE
To give a varied exposure to the participants, following training, adventure and sports infrastructure has been laid out at AEV Manesar :-
- Short range for shooting activities.
- Obstacle course
- Lecture Hall for Central lectures/ Motivational Movies/Debate etc.
- Parasailing ground
- Rock climbing and rappelling area.
- Football , Basketball, Volleyball and Hockey grounds
- Visit to Herbal Garden
- Dog show by Amity Dog Academy
Adventure Activities are conducted by the trained staff of National Adventure Foundation (NAF) assisted by Amity training staff. To avoid any mishap during adventure training, participants are advised to strictly comply with all instructions and briefings imparted by the training staff. The AIMES training instructors will ensure following additional Security and Administrative aspects:-
- All participants are properly briefed prior to conduct of each activity.
- Ensure that participants are put through all events / activities.
- Ensure that the participants are physically and psychologically fit to undertake the adventure activity.
- Ensure presence of Nursing Assistant during Para Sailing and a First Aid Box at the rock climbing / rappelling / obstacle course / shooting range.
- In the event of a mishap, ensure speedy medical aid and evacuation to MI Room/ nearest hospital, as required.
Depending on the season and the weather, camp activities will begin at 5/5.30 AM and end at 10 PM, with ‘lights out’. Weekly training programme will be displayed on the Notice Board at the Camp. Participants are expected to follow the programme strictly. Following competitions will be held:-
- Drill – group event.
- Debate – individual event.
- Tent layout - group event.
- Cross country run – individual and platoon event.
- Obstacle course – group event.
- Shooting – individual event.
- Tug of war – group event.
Following security aspects need particular attention :-
- The Camp area has been enclosed by a barbed wire fence with one entry and exit gate only.
- The gate will be manned by a security guard at all times. The gate will open at 6.00 am and will close at 10.00 pm at night.
- No light will be kept on after the “lights out”. Lights will be put out at 10.30 pm. Only the security lights will be kept on, all night.
- Personal belongings should be kept locked. Heavy cash and other valuables will not be taken to the camp.
- Students will be responsible for security of any arms and stores issued to them during training. These will be returned to the Camp authorities before leaving the training area.
- All participants will familiarize themselves with precautions against fire and fire fighting equipment during initial briefing by camp authorities.
No one is allowed to proceed on out pass for the duration of the Camp. Only exceptional cases like serious illness of the participant or a family member will be considered for grant of out pass.
OUT DOOR ACTIVITY
Participants will be taken for outdoor activities such as map reading, adventure training, trek etc. as per the programme. For such events every one will carry their own water bottles. Depending upon the timings of the out door activity, they will be issued with packed lunch/dinner/snacks.
All participants will be issued with a plate, spoon and glass on arrival. These items will be properly cleaned and deposited on the day of departure. Losses if any will be paid for.
A Central cook house has been established at the camp site. The students are expected to consume their meals on self help basis, as per the laid down timings, at the dining hall set up for them. Meals will not be taken to the tented accommodation.
Left over food will be discharged into the dustbins and washing of utensils will be done at the place earmarked for the purpose. Adequate washing material will be provided at the site.
Drinking water is available within the Camp and the students are advised to consume water only from the water cooler provided for the purpose.
Central bath rooms and latrines laid out within the Camp will be used by all. Under no circumstances will the adjoining open areas be used for the purpose. Toilet facilities are also available at the parasailing/games complex. Students are advised to leave the toilets clean for the subsequent users.
A central Medical Inspection Room has been established in the campus. A Nursing Assistant is available in the campus, all 24 hours. Serious cases will be referred to a near by hospital. Charges for medication and hospital charges, if admitted, will be paid by the student himself. It can be claimed from insurance by the concerned institutions, subsequently. The faculty members will carry sufficient cash to meet such eventualities. Students are advised not to consume medicines on their own. They are also advised not to venture into nearby open areas (except during organized training), so as to prevent accidents or snake/ insect bites. Sleeves will be rolled down from dusk to dawn.
DO's & DONT'S
The following DO’s and DON’Ts will be observed in letter and spirit :-
- Pay compliments to your instructors and faculty.
- Obey the orders issued by the training and administrative staff.
- Be punctual and be present 5 minutes before the schedule time.
- Observe meal timings strictly.
- Make your bed every day and keep your tent clean.
- Keep the surroundings of your tent clean.
- Keep your bathrooms clean.
- Use dustbins for throwing garbage.
- Dry your clothes on the "Clothes Line" provided for the purpose.
- Consume water only from the water cooler.
- Make new friends while attending camp.
- Maintain uniform and other equipment issued to you.
- Project your difficulties if any to the Camp Commandant.
- Do not litter area around your tent.
- Do not get into argument with the kitchen staff.
- Do not throw left over food outside. It is unhygienic, put it in the bin.
- Do not order food from outside.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not drink.
- Do not use mobile phones while on training.
- Do not carry valuables on Camp.
- Do not use abusive and indecent language.
- Do not carry valuables on camp.
- Do not use abusive and indecent language.