Classification of Applicants :
An Indian candidate applying for admission to the Ph.D. Program shall be classified under any one of the following categories:
A foreign national
- Sponsored Candidates: Sponsored candidates getting Government / Semi Govt. / Private or other Scholarships/ Fellowships /stipends, who apply for admission through the sponsoring organizations.
- Regular Self - Financed Candidates: students, self- employed or other working / non-working candidates
- Corporate Research Scholar: Candidates working with reputed organizations in India and having at least five years experience and possessing minimum prescribed academic qualifications.
- Working Faculty other than Amity: Faculty members of other Universities /schools and recognized/ approved institutions/schools in India, possessing minimum prescribed academic qualifications.
- Regular Academic Staff of Amity: Regular academic staff of Department/ Constituent Units of Amity University who are allowed to register for Ph.D. on part time basis.
- Regular Non-Academic Staff of Amity: Regular member of non-academic staff of the University and its Departments/ Constituent Units who satisfies eligibility qualifications and is allowed to be registered for a part-time Ph.D. program.
- Amity Research Fellow (ARF): Candidates working under fellowship scheme of Amity Science, Technology & Innovation Foundation (ASTIF).
- Candidates working as JRF/SRF/RA in Research Projects in Amity University and meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates working as JRF/SRF/RA in Organizations NOT under MoU with Amity University Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidates who are working in reputed Labs under MoU with Amity University Uttar Pradesh.
Click here to view list of MoU
- Scholars who are awarded National Fellowships through National Competitive Examinations.
will apply under the foreign candidate category.