Eligibility Criteria for Admission :
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average in qualifying examination as indicated below:
Exemption from Written Examination:
- The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D Program shall normally be a two years Master’s OR M.Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained either a minimum of 50% marks or Equivalent Grade in the M.Phil degree or a minimum of 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s Degree (for all disciplines except Engineering and Technology), however, overall 60% at all academic levels will be desirable.
Applicants who have successfully completed their first year degree course (Undergraduate course) by 04/June/1986, irrespective of the duration, shall be treated at par with those who have completed a three year first degree course. Those who hold a two year first degree and had enrolled for this course after 04/June/1986, will be required to undergo a further one year bridge course. UGC notification dated 17/August/2015 ( click here)
- Applicants with M. Tech / M.E./M.S. qualification in relevant disciplines with excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks and with 60% aggregate in Xth , XIIth and B.Tech/B.E. will be considered eligible for admission in Ph.D. Programs in Engineering and Technology.
- For Ph.D. in Law, the applicant should possess Master’s degree in Law with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade or M. Phil in law.
- Applicants with Chartered Accountancy (CA) Qualification from 'The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India' (ICAI)/ Cost and Works Accountancy of ICWAI/ Company Secretary of ICSI with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade may be considered eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programs in the relevant field.
- Foreign/ NRI applicants / Applicants with a Masters’ degree from a foreign university must apply with an equivalence certificate of AIU along with the Online Application Form.
Candidates who have cleared an All India Examination or NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE / DST - INSPIRE
within the last 2 years from the time of applying for PhD at Amity,
shall be exempted from the written part of the selection process. However, they will be required to appear for the Personal Interview.