Eligibility Criteria for Admission :
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average in qualifying examination as indicated below:
Exemption from Written Examination:
- The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D Program shall normally be a two years Master’s OR M.Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained either a minimum of 50% marks or Equivalent Grade in the M.Phil degree or a minimum of 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s Degree (for all disciplines except Engineering and Technology), however, overall 60% at all academic levels will be desirable.
Applicants who have successfully completed their first year degree course (Undergraduate course) by 04/June/1986, irrespective of the duration, shall be treated at par with those who have completed a three year first degree course. Those who hold a two year first degree and had enrolled for this course after 04/June/1986, will be required to undergo a further one year bridge course. UGC notification dated 17/August/2015 ( click here)
- Applicants with M. Tech / M.E./M.S. qualification in relevant disciplines with excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks and with 60% aggregate in Xth , XIIth and B.Tech/B.E. will be considered eligible for admission in Ph.D. Programs in Engineering and Technology.
- Applicants with M.B.B.S. degree or equivalent in relevant discipline with excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 55% marks may be considered eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programs in the relevant field.
- For Ph.D. in Law, the applicant should possess Master’s degree in Law with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade or M. Phil in law.
- Applicants with Chartered Accountancy (CA) Qualification from 'The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India' (ICAI)/ Cost and Works Accountancy of ICWAI/ Company Secretary of ICSI with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade may be considered eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programs in the relevant field.
- Foreign/ NRI applicants / Applicants with a Masters’ degree from a foreign university must apply with an equivalence certificate of AIU along with the Online Application Form.
Candidates who have cleared an All India Examination or NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE in the last 2 years shall be exempted from the written part of the selection process. However, they will be required to appear for the Personal Interview.