Promotion of Sports is one of the major concerns of our modern society. Excellence in sports is possible on the sound foundation of Physical Education and Movement Education. In the contemporary scenario, success in physical education and sports depends upon the quality of leaders who are well prepared through formal and informal acquisitions of multidimensional knowledge and training in the specialized discipline and its effective transaction.
Having realized the challenges of the 21 st century, the Amity University Uttar Pradesh felt a genuine need of setting up a most modern and well equipped Physical Education Institution with a firm commitment to produce innovative sports leaders, managers and administrators who will be proactive in facing health and fitness challenges with a mix of modern and traditional methods and approaches.
The Amity School of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Noida is recognised by National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE).
The Institute has well qualified, committed and competent teacher educators to shape the personalities of teacher trainees into successful professionals. Experts from various fields of physical education and visiting faculty are invited on a regular basis for enrichment lectures and intellectual guidance to the trainees.
The Institute goes beyond the prescribed curriculum to ensure all round development of the teacher trainees. Many value additions are provided to them like Enhancing Personal Behavioural Sciences, Skills, Leadership/Military Training Camp, Language Proficiency Classes, Yoga/Meditation for all etc. The institute takes pride in excellent placement records.
The roots of Education lie in the national development, the services and functioning of professional educational institutions in tune with the national policy goals and priorities.
All good organizations have people with ideas, thoughts and creativity behind them and Amity is fully endowed with it. Amity dreams of creating a world of knowledge – par excellence. With this mission Dr.Ashok K.Chauhan, Chairman and CEO of AKC Group of Companies founded Ritnand Balved Education Foundation (RBEF). The RBEF umbrella has nurtured several Institutions under Amity Universe. The continuous endeavour of the Founders have made AMITY a well-known name in diverse fields of education.
In its ever increasing desire for educational excellence for all and in diverse areas, RBEF has keep on adding quality Amity Institutes under its banner. Amity has educational facilities ranging from a three years old child to a budding professional in varied disciplines. Reflecting on our achievements today, we can proclaim – “We nurture talent to achieve excellence”.
Having realized the challenges of the 21 st century the RBEF Society felt a genuine need of setting up a most modern and well equipped physical education unit with a firm commitment to produce innovative sports leaders, managers and administrators who will be proactive in facing health and fitness challenges with a mix of modern and traditional methods and approaches.
In the contemporary scenario, success in physical education and sports depends upon the quality of leaders who are well prepared through formal and informal acquisitions of multidimensional knowledge and training in the specialized discipline and its effective transaction.
The challenges of the 21 st century demand Physical Education teachers:
- To be trained to teach, “Present with a focus on “Future”.
- To be well informed, future oriented, adaptable individuals capable of envisioning futuristic alternatives and devising suitable course of action.
- To be able to integrate, synthesize and co-ordinate diverse concepts of physical, psychological and bio-analytical dimensions.
- To anticipate the changes & to make correct assumptions with appropriate follow up.
- To inculcate leadership qualities.
- Prepare qualitative and innovative professional leaders as well as effective team players by enhancing their knowledge base, initiative, confidence, creativity with a fierce zeal for achieving results.
- Serve as a center of excellence and innovation in physical education and to undertake, promote and facilitate teaching and research projects to enhance the standards of sports performance of Indian Athletes.
- Develop the abilities of critical thinking, new visions, and new ambitions and equip the students for an analytical outlook and thus ease the process of decision making and thus ease the process of decision making in the ever-changing Indian and International sports scenario.
- Help students discover their dormant qualities, inner strengths and potentials that will enable them to set higher goals for life and to achieve them.
- Instill in students the art of human engineering – the basic qualities of dealing with people, understanding of human behavioural patterns and motivation technique in a cross-cultural, multi-dimensional environment.
- Provide a course that is continually evolving and improving, in both content and structure that focuses on the acquisition of skills so vital for professional success.
Founder President's Message :
Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan
|Promotion of Sports is one of the major concern of our modern society. Excellence in sports is possible on the sound foundation of Physical Education and Movement Education. We need a band of qualified, competent and dedicated group of professionals to seriously engage in this developing area of study to broad base physical education and sports focusing on the concept of total fitness and joy.
With a view to provide effective and efficient leadership in this area of education, RBEF has taken an ambitious initiative to produce quality teachers and professionals who can take on the responsibility of health and fitness needs of the youth aiming at Sports Excellence through education. The Department of Physical Education in the Amity School of Physical Education & Sports Sciences has therefore been established to render service to the humanity through well trained and equipped physical educators, Sports Psychologists, Sports Managers, Coaches who could render specialized professional services to the sports persons.
The sprawling Amity Campus at Noida is highly conducive for teaching and learning with all requisite facilities. The Department of Physical Education will endeavour to equip the professionals to achieve their goals, accomplish their mission, lead a happy and content life.
I wish to heartily acknowledge the support of AMITY UNIVERSITY and the Almighty for their encouragement, support and blessings in this venture.
I would love to see students from different areas to take advantage of the courses and become future leaders of Physical Education and allied areas. I also wish to congratulate all those who are going to share the feeling of satisfaction with the success of this initiative of AMITY.
Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan
President, Amity Institute of Psychology and Allied Scienes School (aips) & Founder President, Ritnand Balved Education Foundation (RBEF)
Chairman AKC Group of Companies