Applications for admission to a Ph.D. program at Amity University are accepted twice a year, for January and July sessions.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average / subjects/ specializations in qualifying examination as indicated under each Ph.D. program:
- Candidate who apply for Ph.D part time , will have to submit their employment verification details at the time of form filling and NOC as per format, at the time of joining after their selection to the program
The admission Form is to be filled and submitted ONLINE ONLY along with required documents uploaded in the given format and an online payment of Rs 1100/- made via a Credit / Debit card.
No hard copies will be accepted.
- Candidates may refer to the section 'Application Form' for the following :
- List of essential documents that must be uploaded while applying.
- Guidelines on how to write a Preliminary Research Idea.
To check / do the following related to your admission, logon to your Admission Micro site on www.amity.edu/phd (admission micro site login) by using your form no. & password generated at the time of applying online :
- Check whether your Form has been received or not
- Check the Status of your Form
- Check whether you have been short-listed for the Selection Procedure
- Select the date for appearing in the selection Procedure and download Admit Card.
- Check your selection status.
- Print Admission letter after you have been selected.
- Check confirmation of fee payment after making payment.
Candidates will be communicated about requirements related to their application form, date, time and venue of selection process (written test and / or Interview) ONLY ON THE ADMISSION MICRO SITE at www.amity.edu or in the Amity Mobile App available at www.amity.edu/app. In certain cases, options of dates will be available giving greater flexibility. It is the responsibility of the candidate to periodically check the admission microsite for updates and to select a date for PET. No separate communication will be sent in this regard.
- Eligible candidates will be required to undertake PET (Ph.D. Entrance Test), on the date selected by them. PET will be a computer based test (CBT) followed by an Interview, on the same day
- Selected candidates will be intimated about their selection on the Admission Microsite. .
- A printable online admission letter wiil be uploaded on the admission microsite within the two days of candidate selection. This will carry details regarding payment of fees at the time of admission, date, time and venue for commencement of the academic session etc.
- Offer of admission will be provisional & valid only for the specific program opted by the candidate as well as for the same academic session. The offer of admission will automatically stand cancelled if the conditions are not fulfilled by the specified time.
Note 1. It is mandatory for foreign nationals/ NRI to submit AIU certificate along with other documents at the time of applying.
(click here) for more information.
Entrance Test Details
Note 2. It is mandatory for working applicants to submit an NOC at the time of registration cum orientation for the program, i.e within a month of their selection.
(click here) for format.
The Entrance Test shall be of one and half hour duration (i.e. 90 minutes) and of 100 marks consisting of 100 objective type of questions. The Entrance Test will have two Sections (administered in one go), as mentioned here under:
|SECTION 1 – GENERAL
||Section 1 shall be common to all the Applicants for testing their Aptitude in research methodology, covering questions from following areas:
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Analysis
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
|50 Questions of 1 mark each
|SECTION 2 – SUBJECT SPECIFIC
||Section 2 shall be Program / SubjectSpecific as per proposed Ph.D. program of the applicant. (viz Management, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Physics, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Microbiology, Psychology, English etc)
This section shall be divided into two parts – 25 questions shall be from the PhD Program subject & 25 questions from the PhD Program subject / allied subject.
||50 Questions of Master’s level of 1 mark each
|INTERVIEW BY FACULTY RESEARCH COMMITTEE (FRC)
|| 30 marks