Amity Centre of Excellence for Information Technology Enabled Services (ACEITES)
The Amity Centre of Excellence in ITES will provide a consultative platform whereby specialists in the field of ITES will come together to share on issues related to research, education and training that affect the growth and development of the ITES sector. While the ITES may be growing at a faster pace, the need for academic institutions to reduce any mismatch between needs of industry and availability of required knowledge and skills, which may impede growth, should be urgently addressed. The contributions of the ACEITES to the ICT development of Mauritius and Africa would range from initiating relevant collaborative research, sharing of state-of-the-art knowledge, developing highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce.
The main objectives of ACEITES are:
- To jointly identify gaps in the provision of training and education programmes and research in the ITES sector in Mauritius
- To contribute to the improvement of the educational and research capacities in the ITES sector
- To initiate collaborative research with various stakeholders in the ITES sector
- To develop networking among stakeholders for mutual benefit and sectoral advancement
- To design and introduce innovative industry relevant programmes
ACADEMIC COLLABORATION WITH IT INDUSTRIES
1. ORACLE ACADEMIA COLLABORATION
Oracle Academy Member
Amity Global Business School (AGBS), Mauritius is a member institute of ORACLE academy.
Oracle Academy Member benefits:
- As part of Oracle Academy membership, the faculty, staff and students of Amity Global Business School, Mauritius can access all educational resources to advance their knowledge, skill development, innovation and diversity in fills of technology such as IT, Computer Science and Management Science.
- Oracle Academy membership also granted access to Amity Global Business School, Mauritius, the world-class technology, expertly developed learning materials and curriculum, training, and other resources.
- As an active Member, Amity Global Business School is Licensed through its Oracle Academy Institution Membership Agreement for the products listed on the Software Page.
2. IBM ACADEMIA COLLABORATION
IBM Academia Initiative Member
Amity Global Business School (AGBS), Mauritius is a member institute of IBM Academia Initiative.
IBM Academia Initiative Membership benefits:
- As an IBM Academic Initiative membership, Amity Global Business School, Mauritius can avail numerous benefits which includes the capability to download selected IBM products, technology, and courseware.
- All students and Faculty/Staff members of Amity Global Business School, Mauritius can avail discounts on selected IBM professional certification examinations.
- Amity Global Business School, Mauritius can remotely access to certain hardware systems, participation in technical webcasts, workshops and training programs.
- Also, as an Academia member of the IBM Academic Initiative, Amity Global Business School is granted access to IBM software and courseware materials for teaching, learning, and non-commercial research. We can download a wide variety of IBM and open source products and technologies, a wealth of information to learn about these products and technologies and how to incorporate them into curricula.
- Some of the primary benefits that Amity Global Business School faculty/staff and students can utilize are academic initiative for Cloud offer, SPSS Modeler license keys, QRadar license keys, Rational license keys, Rational technical support, access to mainframe systems and discount on developer works premium.
3. MICROSOFT ACADEMIA COLLABORATION
Amity Global Business School (AGBS), Mauritius is an approved Institute for Microsoft Azure Education Grant Award Program.
Microsoft Azure Education Grant Award
Through this tie-up with Microsoft, Amity Global Business School is granted 1 Microsoft Azure for 12-months, $250/month Educator Passes and 21 passes for 6 months, $100/month Student Passes to Amity Global Business School.
- Amity Global Business School, Mauritius is granted access to MS-Azure for research and teaching IT related courses. It empowers faculty and students to leverage Microsoft Azure in teaching cutting-edge courses
o Virtual Machines: Run Windows or Linux virtual machines in the cloud
o Mobile Apps: Includes features that accelerate the development of mobile applications
o Media Services: Create, manage or distribute media
o Cloud Services: Build or extend existing enterprise applications
o Big Data: Process enormous amounts of data
- The Educator Grant is a programme designed specifically to provide access to Microsoft Azure for college and university professors teaching advanced courses. As part of the programme, lecturers teaching Azure in their curricula are awarded subscriptions to support their course.
- Through this education grant programme, Microsoft works to help inspire students to chase their dreams and create the next technical breakthroughs by providing opportunities to train and use Microsoft developer and designer tools.
- As part of the Microsoft Azure for Research programme, Faculty/staff and students can take full advantage of the power and scalability of Microsoft Azure, a platform that supports frameworks such as Azure Machine Learning and programing tools including Linux, Python, Java, Hadoop and Microsoft.NET and get access to a variety of tools and resources to maximise the benefits of cloud computing by the following:
o Free access to Azure cloud computing and storage (submit proposals for Azure for Research Awards)
o Training classes and webinars
o Technical resources and support
o Community discussion on LinkedIn (Microsoft Azure for Research group)
o Twitter (@Azure4Research)
4. CISCO ACADEMIA COLLABORATION
Amity Global Business School (AGBS), Mauritius is an approved “Cisco Networking Academy”.
Cisco Networking Academy
Through this tie-up, students gain access to:
- Multi-media web-based delivery that supports student-centred learning
- Hands-on training that develops problem-solving skills
- Industrial attachments for real world opportunities
- Globally accepted industry-standard certification
- Scholarships in maths, science and other technical fields
- Exciting careers in IT and the Internet
Amity Global Business School, Mauritius will be able to access and deliver a program that:
- Is Designed by industry and education experts
- Is Ready-made and continuously updated via the Internet
- Comes with a Quality Assurance Plan
- Utilises the latest web tools
- Has full Technical support and an on-line instructors' guide
- Uses the Cisco Networking Academy Management System (Academy Connection) management tool which greatly reduces administration time and increases productivity
- Conducts assessment on-line/ provides immediate feedback that monitors students' progress
- Experience of laboratory sessions designed with problem solving skills
- No Requirement for Further Training
- Industry Certification
- Enhances E-learning and Networking Development