Home | Programmes | Admissions | List of Holidays | Alumni Registration | FeedBack Form | Contact Us | Sitemap
Moot Court-Activities & AchievementsIn order to become a successful lawyer it is essential for a student to know how to apply the law he has learnt to a fact situation and to have awareness of the rules and the etiquettes of the Court. Moot Court competitions are like the laboratories of law schools where theoretical knowledge is tested in real life situations. Realizing this, the Amity Law School has been facilitating continuous training to the students to participate in Moot Court competitions organized by various universities and law schools in and outside Delhi. The School has also been hosting a number of moot court competitions to test the mettle of the future lawyers of the country in the recent time. They are :-
- The 13th Amity National Moot Court Competition 2014 (February 28-2 March, 2014)
- The 12th Amity National Moot Court Competition 2013 (1st â€“ 3rd March 2013)
- Moot Court Competition for selection for challenger (international) rounds (8th and 9th September 2012)
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (National Rounds) (20th - 22nd January 2012)
- The 11th Amity National Moot Court Competition 2012 (2nd â€“ 4th March 2012)
- Compulsory moot Court competition for the 1st year (15th , 16th and 17th October 2012)
- Moot Court competition for selection for national rounds (11th and 12th August 2012)
Awards in International Moot Court Competition
- Awarded the Best Team prize, Best Speaker prize & Best Team complainants in theAsia-Pacific Rounds of the ELSA-WTO International Moot Court Competition FROM March 4th â€“ 8th, 2013 in Taipei, Taiwan (Republic of China).
- National Rounds of the Leiden Sarin International Air Law Moot Court Competition, 2013 to participate in the international rounds to be held in Abu Dhabi during March 9-12, 2013.
- Awarded the Best Speaker prize and 1st Runner-up prize in the 5th Frankfurt Investment Arbitration Pre-Moot Court 2011-2012 organized by Amarchand Mangaldas.
- Awarded Second Best Memorials and Fourth Best team in the Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition, Surana & Surana India North Rounds conducted by National Law Institute University, Bhopal 30th November â€“ 2nd December 2012.
Awards in National Moot Court Competition/Client Counselling/ Mediation Competition Debates/Quiz
- Philip C. Jessup, North India Rounds, 2014, Semi Finals Best Student Advocate 4th Best Memorial
- Stetson Environmental Law, North India Rounds, 2014, Quarter Finals, Best Memorial
- K.K. Luthra, CLA Delhi, 2014, Quarter Finals Best Speaker
- G.S. Tulsi, NALSAR, 2014, Best Speaker, 2nd Best Researcher
- Oxford Price Media, South Asia Rounds, 2013, 3rd Place Qualified for the World Rounds (April, 2014)
- Pro Bono Enviro, Soel Chennai, 2013, Best Researcher
- Rizvi Moot Court Competition, Mumbai 2013, Best Researcher
- S.C. Javali Moot Court Competition, 2013, Best Student Advocate
- CMR National Moot Court Competition, 2014, CMR Law School, Bangalore, Winners
- Awarded the Best Team Prize and Best Student Mediator prize in the NLU Delhi National Moot Mediation Competition 2013 (8th - 10th March 2013) organized by Samadhan, Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre.
- Awarded the Runner-up Prize in the Jitendra Chauhan College of Law, Mumbai (23rd â€“ 24th February 2013)
- Awarded the Best Team Prize in the 13th National Client Consulting Competition for the Justice P. Govinda Menon Memorial Rolling Trophy organized by the Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society, Thiruvananthapuram, 2012.
- Awarded the Best Speaker prize in the competition organized by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, 2012.
- Awarded Best Speaker prize in the Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial â€˜Energy Lawâ€™ National Moot Court Competition 2012.
- Awarded the 1st Runner-up prize in the First Amity competition Law Reforms organized by Amity Law School, Amity University, 2012.
- Awarded the 2nd prize in the Law Trust 2012 organized by SVKMâ€™S Jitendra Chauhan College of Law, Mumbai, 2012.
- Won the 1st Position in the contest organized by FICCI on Strengthening our Policing
- Awarded 3rd Best Memorial prize in the Surana & Surana Trial Advocacy competition 2012.
- Awarded the 1st Runner-up prize in the 2nd NLIU-Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition, November 2011.
- Awarded the 1st Best Team prize in the IP Quiz competition organized by the Institute of Intellectual Property Studies (IIPS), 2012.
- Awarded 4th Best Memorial in the national rounds of the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition 2012.
- Awarded 1st prize for the Best Advocate and 3rd Best Team prize in the Lex Novitas (All India National Moot Court Competition) organized by V.M. Salgaocar College of Law, Panaji, 2011.
- Awarded 3rd Best Mediator in the "Wellness â€“ The Mediation Competition" organized by Amity Law School, Amity University during the Amity youth Fest 2012.
- Awarded 3rd Best Attorney and 4th Best Student Counsel in the UILS National Client Counsellinig Competition 2012 organized by University Institute of Legal Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Awarded 3rd Best Client/Advocate Pairin the NLIU â€“ Khaitan & Co. â€“ INADR Law School Mediation Tournament 2012.
- Awarded a cash of Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) in the Semi-final of the Quiz competition organized by NDTV-studio, New Delhi.
- Awarded 2nd position in the Bridge Mediation Essay Competition 2012 by Bridge Mediation, LLC, San Diego, California, USA.
- Awarded Best Team for Parliamentary Debate in the Amity Youth Fest.
Best Speaker Prize
- Best Speaker â€“ 3rd Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, School of Excellence, Chennai (March 2010) â€“ Mr. Richardson Wilson
- Best Advocate â€“ D.E.S. College Moot Court Competition, Pune (2010) â€“ Ms. Bhumika Kamra
- Best Speaker â€“ 4th Annual IIPS National Moot Court Competition, Mumbai (2010) â€“ Ms. Sonakshi Banga.
- Best Speaker â€“ 7th Justa Causa National Law Festival, Dr. B. Ambedkar College of Law, Nagpur (2009)
- Best Speaker â€“ 3rd International Infrastructure and Construction Law Arbitration Moot Competition (IICLAM), 2009 â€“ Mr. Shaunak Kashyap.
- Best Speaker â€“ National Rounds of the Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition (2008) â€“ Ms. Deeksha Sharma
- Best Speaker â€“ 1st NLS International Arbitration Moot Court Competition, NLSIU, Bangalore (2008) â€“ Ms. Puneet Jassal
- Best Budding Lawyer -Â New Law College, Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune (2007) - Mr. Brijesh Chaudhary
- Best Speaker - Government Law College, Mumbai (2007) â€“ Mr. Shaunak Kashyap
- Best Speaker - Manikchand Pahade Law College, Aurangabad (2006) â€“ Mr. Manav Gupta
- Best Speaker - B.V.Bellad Law College, Belgaum (2006) â€“ Mr. Bhavya Nain.
- Best Speaker - Anand & Anand Advocates, Delhi (2006) - Mr. Shaunak Kashyap
- Best Student Advocate - Campus Law Centre, New Delhi (2005) - Ms. Shruba Bhattacharya
- Best Speaker - M.K. Nambyar Saarclaw International Moot Court Competition (2005) - Ms. Shruba Bhattacharya
- Best Advocate - University Law College, Bangalore (2005) - Ms. Ira Handa
- Best Speaker -Â Army Institute of Law, Mohali (2005)- Ms. Prabhsahay Kaur
- Best Speaker - GGSIIP University, Delhi (2005) â€“ Mr. Siddhartha K. Garg
- Best Speaker - Government Law College, Mumbai (2005) â€“ Mr. Sachit Jolly
- Mr. Divyam Aggarwal was awarded the Third Best Oralist in the International Finals (Preliminaries) of the Stetson International Environmental Moot Court held at Florida (2005).
- Best Student Advocate - Society for Spreading Legal Awareness Amongst Masses (SSLAAM India), New DelhiÂ (2004).
- Best Gentleman Advocate - University Law College, BangaloreÂ (2003) â€“ Mr. Himanshu Dodeja
- Best Mooter prize -GGSIP University (2001)Â - Mr. Saket Sikri
Best Team Prize
- Mr. Shaunak Kashyap was declared the best speaker and was awarded full scholarship for his post graduate studies in the National University of Singapore.
- Best Team â€“ 3rd International Infrastructure and Construction Law Arbitration Moot Competition (IICLAM), 2009.
- Ms. Deeksha Sharma was declared the best speaker and was awarded full scholarship for her post graduate studies in the Singapore Law University.
- Best Team in the National Rounds of the Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition held in Washington D.C. (2008)
- Best Team - Raj Anand Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition (2006)
- Best Team - Law Centre-I, Delhi University.
- Best Team - Army Institute of Law, Mohali (2005)
- Best Team - Raj Anand Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition (2005)
- Best Team in the national rounds of the Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition (2005)
- Best Team - Campus Law Centre, New Delhi (2005).
- Best Team - Society for Spreading Legal Awareness Amongst Masses (SSLAAM India), New Delhi (2005).
- Best Team - Army Institute of Law, Mohali competition (2004)
- Best Team - National Client Interviewing and Counselling Competition organized by the Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society, Kerala (2004)
- Best Performance - Law Centre-I of the Delhi University (2003)
- Best Team - Campus Law Centre, Delhi ( 2002)
- Best Team - GGS IP University, Delhi (2001)
Best Memorial Prize
- Best Memorial â€“ Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition, National Rounds (2010)
- Best Memorial â€“ Rajiv Pandey Memorial All Delhi Moot Court Competition, Delhi, October 2009.
- Best Memorial - 1st NALSAR Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition 2008.
- Best Memorial - GGS IP University.
- Best Memorial - KLE Societyâ€™s Law College, Bangalore.
- Best Memorial - Government of Law College, Mumbai.
- Best Memorial - Raj Anand Moot Court competition.
- Best Memorial - Society for Spreading Legal Awareness Amongst Masses (SSLAAM India), New Delhi.
- Best Memorial - ILS Law College, Pune
- Best Memorial - National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
- Best Memorial - GGSIP University.
Best Researcher Prize
- Best Researcher â€“ G. H. Raisoni Moot Court Competition, Nagpur (2009).
- Best Researcher - K. C. Law College Moot Court Competition, Mumbai (2008).
- Best Researcher - K. C. Law National Moot Court Competition, Mumbai (2007)
- Best Researcher - Government of Law College, Mumbai.
- Best Individual Researcher - GGS IP University, Delhi.
Achievements in Recent Yearsâ€¦
- Our student Mr. Amit Upadhyay has been awarded prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding â€“ Dr. Angela Merket Masterâ€™s Scholarship to pursue Masterâ€™s in European and International Business, Competition and Regulatory Law (LL.M) from Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service). The scholarship is a fully sponsorship and worth approx. Rs. 20,00000.
- Our student Ms. Anushree Narain has been awarded the Gold Medal by the GGS IP University for the 2006-2011 batch for the best academic performance among all students of the affiliated law schools under the University.
- Our students have secured the Top Ten Ranks in the End-of-Semester Examination conducted by the GGS IP University among all the affiliated colleges.
- A four-member team consisting of Yuvraj Khanna, Nishant Anurag, Ankita Chadha and Sambit Nanda represented Amity Law School, Delhi at the Asia-Pacific Rounds of the ELSA-WTO Moot Court Competition organized from March 4th â€“ 8th, 2013 in Taipei, Taiwan (Republic of China). To add to the teamsâ€™ laurels, Sambit Nanda won awards for â€˜Best Oralistâ€™ in both the Semi-Finals and the Grand-final. The team also received the award for the â€˜Best Complainant Memorialâ€™ at the Asia-Pacific Rounds. In addition to these awards, the team members have also been awarded with a 40-hour waiver in tuition fee for an LL.M programme in International Economic Law and Policy at the University of Barcelona for preparing the Best Complainant Memorial and a 2-month summer course at the Chinese University of Honk Kong and the University of Bern for the being the Best-Overall Team.
- Akhil Sharma, Sakshi Saini and Vikas Kumar of Amity Law School, Delhi secured First Prize in the 1st National Law & Governance Legislative Drafting Competition organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University-Centre for Law & Governance Initiative .The theme of the competition was â€œDelhi gang rape-Oneâ€™Hadsaâ€™, Drafting Bill.
- Amity Law School, Delhi, represented by Ms Garima Sharma ( 3-B) and Ms Lakshmi Kapur(4-A), participated in the Moot Mediation Competition, 2013 organized by the National Law University, Delhi in association with the Delhi High Court Mediation Centre ( Samadhaan), held at the National Law University, Delhi from the 9-10 March, 2013 with a training session on 8 March, 2013. Amity Law School, Delhi scored the highest in the quarter finals, semi finals and final rounds and was adjudged the winner of the competition. It won the best team and Ms. Garima Sharma also won the award for best student mediator.
- Student of Amity Law School, Delhi received sponsorship from University of California, Berkeley to attend the Berkeley Law Visiting Scholars Program, University of California, Berkeley.
- Payal Lamba, 4th student Amity Law School, Delhi was adjudged as the â€˜Best Journalistâ€™ at Udghosh from 9-10 August 2013 organnised by The Symposium Society Hindu College, Delhi University. She participated in the Adhoc Committee to review the functioning of Armed Forces Special Powers Act.
- Payal Lamba, 4th year student of Amity Law School, Delhi secured Second Position in the 1st Edition of the NLS Law and Technology Legislative Analysis Competition organised by National Law School of India University, Bangalore. As a prize She got an opportunity to intern at PRS Legislative Research. The competition was aimed at providing an opportunity to the student community to participate in policy making activities, including researching and understanding the problems with various bills either pending in the Parliament or rejected. There were two bills for consideration: A. The (Draft) Human DNA Profiling Bill, 2012 and B. The (Draft) National Innovation Bill, 2008. Her analysis of The (Draft) Human DNA Profiling Bill, 2012 was chosen for the second prize.
- Qualified in the National rounds to participate in Stetson International Moot Court Competition to represent India at the World Finals at Florida, USA in March 2010.
- Qualified in the National rounds to participate in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Competition, 2008.
- Qualified in the National rounds to participate in Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition to represent India at the World Finals in USA.
- Participated in the Willem C. Vienna Arbitration Moot Competition & Hong Kong Arbitration Moot Competition held at Vienna & Hong Kong respectively.
2ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTERNATIONAL LAW PERSPECTIVES ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS, 09th October 2015
URGENT!! Notice for BALLB (H) Students (Online applications for engagement as law clerks in Supreme Court)
Important Notice - Regarding Refund to Candidates Applied for Participation in Special Round of Counselling
The list of applicants called for the counseling for the 24 management seats in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) for the session 2014-2019 at Amity Law School (affiliated to GGS Indraprastha University)
Registration form for 2014 Batch (Hons.) - Ist Year) (Hons.) - Ist Year) (BA.LL B. (Hons.) - Ist Year) - August 17, 2014/1700 Hrs
Application Form For Management Quota